The Information Technology department is responsible for providing quality technology services to the employees of Wood County. The Information Technology department oversees technology use in all county offices and works closely with other county officials to develop and improve county software and technology services both to the employees of the county and the citizens of Wood County.
The Information Technology department is responsible for the following:
* Maintaing a safe, and secure computer network system for the employees of Wood County
* Ensuring data quality and control in the criminal justice system of Wood County by working with all courts to maintian accurate data on
offenders, cases, hearings, and CJIS reporting
* Maintain electronic CJIS reporting for state / national criminal history reporting
* Maintain Windows network infrastructure by adding, changing, and removing users from network systems
* Add, Change, or remove user access per instructions from officials, or department heads
* Technical support of county-wide software applications including databse maintenance, and report writing
* Maintain public access terminals in county offices
* Maintain Wi-Fi hot spots in various county buildings in Quitman for employee and public access
* Maintain county website and judicial records web server
* Maintain W.A.N. between main courthouse and remote courthouses in Hawkins, Mineola, and Winnsboro
* Add / Change technology hardware as needs call for
* Provide desktop technical support for all county users
* Maintain secure Internet connection / E-Mail service for county offices
* Provide 24 X 7 X 365 Emergency Support to County Jail and Emergency Communications Center in the Sheriff's Office
* Maintain the telephhone systems used in the various county buildings
* Maintian the Radio System used by the Wood County Sheriff's Department and fire departments
* Maintain the various security devices used in all county buildings ensuring operation and performing regular testing
The I.T. Director is the department head for the I.T. Department and is responsible for seeing that all tasks are completed in as close to a timely manner as possible. The I.T. Director is also resonsible for creating and maintaining a department budget, approved by the Commissioner's Court and seeing that the budget is balanced at all times. The I.T. Director is also the Chief Technology Officer in all technology projects and works directly with other Officials and Department Heads along with vendors to ensure that projects are completed on-time and within budget. The I.T. Director also creates the plans for the expansion and improvement of the County computer network across Wood County.
Currently, the I.T. Department is working on a new five-year plan to upgrade the computer network infrastructure across all Wood County offices to provide better service to the employees, officials, and the citizens of Wood County. In today's technological world, the ability to provide information in a timley manner is priceless, and it is the responsibility of the I.T. Department to ensure that all citizens can be provided with timely information from any County Office.
The I.T. Department is located in the basement of the main courthouse across from the elevator in room 106 and can be reached by phone at (903) 763-5516.