Wood County Sheriff's Department Emergency Communications Center
The Communications division of the Sheriff's Department is the central location for almost all of the incoming 9-1-1 calls within the County. The dispatchers answer calls for the following areas: City of Alba, City of Hawkins, City of Quitman, City of Yantis, City of Winnsboro, and all unincorporated areas of Wood County including all 9-1-1 calls from cellular telephones.
The communications division is the primary source of information for all deputies in the field. The dispatchers on duty are responsible for the following duties:
* Answering all Emergency Calls for Service and assigning appropriate agencies and responders
* Taking information and assigning all non-emergency calls for service to Wood County Deputies
* Dispatching also provided to City of Quitman Police, Alba Police, Hawkins Police, TX-DPS, TP&W, most Fire Departments,
and limited dispatching for EMS. (Both EMS agencies in Wood County have their own dispatch centers)
* Operation of TLETS (Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System) terminal for data entry and retrieval
for various departments and agencies.
* Coordination between multiple agencies for major events
The Communications center is manned 24 X 7 X 365 by dispatchers trained to handle your call in the most professional and timely manner possible.
If you have any question, comments, or complaints about the Communications Division, please contact:
Monica Bailey - Sgt.
Wood County Sheriff's Department
PO Box 307
Quitman, TX 75783-0307
(903) 763-2201 ext. 331
E-Mail dispatch supervisor here