District Attorney


Angela Albers

P O Box 689
Quitman, TX 75783-0689

Phone: 903-763-4515
Fax: 903-763-5105

It shall be the primary duty of all prosecuting attorneys not to convict, but to see that justice is done.
Tex. Code Crim. Proc. 2.01.

The Wood County Criminal District Attorney’s office represents the State in all criminal cases in the County and District Courts of Wood County, as well as representing the State in contested matters in the Juvenile and Justice of the Peace Courts. Additionally, we handle asset forfeitures, bond forfeitures, hot check and fraud cases, child abuse and domestic violence cases and appeals.

The Wood County Criminal District Attorney’s office consists of our elected Criminal District Attorney, four Assistant Criminal District Attorneys, an Investigator, a Victim Witness Coordinator and four full-time staff members.

The District Attorney is legally and ethically prohibited from advising members of the public regarding private matters.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received a subpoena, what do I do?
Contact Investigator Jerry Hirsch at 903-763-4515, ext. 6266 for instructions. When you call, please have available the case name and number referenced on your subpoena.
2. How do I report a crime?
All crimes must be reported to the proper law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over the location where the crime occurred. Reporting a crime directly to this office will only delay the process.

Where Crime Occurred

Whom To Contact

Phone Number

Alba city limits

Alba Police Department


Hawkins city limits

Hawkins Police Department


Mineola city limits

Mineola Police Department


Quitman city limits

Quitman Police Department


Winnsboro city limits

Winnsboro Police Department


Outside city limits but in Wood County

Wood County Sheriff’s Office


  Constable Precinct #1 903-763-0948
  Constable Precinct #2 903-569-5495
  Constable Precinct #3 903-769-1030
  Constable Precinct #4 903-342-5203

Everywhere else

Appropriate law enforcement agency in that local jurisdiction

3. How do I report a crime in progress or an emergency?
Call 9-1-1.
4. What are your office hours?
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to noon; 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
On Friday
8:00-4:00 p.m.
Our office will not be closed for lunch on Fridays only
5. Who do I contact with questions about collecting or paying child support?
Questions about child support may be addressed to the Texas Attorney General’s Office--Child Support Division at 800-253-8014.
6. How do I apply for a Protective Order?
Victims of family violence and sexual assault may apply for a Protective Order by contacting the Victim Services’ Division of the Wood County Criminal District Attorney’s Office at 903-763-4515. Restraining Orders are civil matters, and this office does not handle civil matters.
7. I have questions about a jury summons. Who do I contact?
Contact the appropriate Court Clerk’s Office:

• County Clerk: 903-763-2711.
• District Clerk: 903-763-2361.
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct One: 903-763-2713
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Two: 903-569-3802
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Three: 903-769-3571
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Four: 903-342-3079
8. I have questions about a traffic ticket or citation. Who do I contact?
Contact the appropriate court:

• Justice of the Peace, Precinct One: 903-763-2713
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Two: 903-569-3802
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Three: 903-769-3571
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct Four: 903-342-3079
• City of Alba Municipal Court : 903-765-2396
• City of Hawkins Municipal Court: 903-769-2224
• City of Mineola Municipal Court: 903-569-6183
• City of Quitman Municipal Court: 903-763-2223
• City of Winnsboro Municipal Court: 903-342-6033.
9. Who do I talk to in order to get an attorney?
Contact the Court Coordinator for the 402nd Judicial District Court at 903-763-2332. That office handles all court appointments in Wood County.
10. If I am a victim, do I need my own attorney?
As a victim, you are not required to have an attorney in a criminal matter.
11. Can I talk to an attorney about my legal problems?
If you are seeking legal advice, please contact the private attorney of your choice or legal aid:
East Texas Legal Services, 903-595-4781 or toll-free 800-252-9690.
12. I have received notification of a hot check. Where do I go to pay it?

If the notification came from the District Attorney’s Office, you may make payment in full in the form of a cashier’s check or money order at our office located at:

Wood County Courthouse
1 Main Street
Suite 315
Quitman, Texas 75783

If mailing a payment, then mail to:

Wood County District Attorney’s Office
P. O. Box 689
Quitman, Texas 75783

All payments to this office should be received no later than 4:30 p.m.


You can make your payment online with Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express debit or credit cards. Please call our office to confirm the total amount due prior to making any payment. Simply go to our website at www.mywoodcounty.com and click on the “Payment Center” link in the left menu bar. Then select the link that says “Make a Payment to the Wood County DA’s Hot Check Division”. The case number is the name of the person for whom payment is being made. A courtesy fee will be charged to your credit card as a separate transaction and paid directly to our credit card processor.

No Internet?

You can call 1-866-549-1010 and use bureau code 5323489 to make your payment over the phone. You can then call us back at 903-763-4515 with your transaction number and we will post your payment to your case.

13. When is my court date?
Contact your bondsman or attorney about your court date. If you do not have an attorney, contact the court handling your case or look for your case information online at www.mywoodcounty.com. Go to the On-line services tab on the left of the page, click Judicial Records Search, click criminal case search and enter your name. When the case(s) are on the screen, you can click on the case number to obtain more detailed information, including court settings.
14. Is there a warrant for my arrest?
Warrant information can be obtained from the Wood County Sheriff’s Department at 903-763-2201.
15. How do I obtain discovery on a criminal case?
The Wood County Criminal District Attorney’s Office provides discovery materials described in Article 39.14 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure to each defendant’s lawyer.
16. Additional Victim Information
If you have received a letter from the Victim’s Assistance Coordinator of the District Attorney’s Office regarding victim services, the forms mentioned in the letter can be completed by clicking on the following links:

Victim Impact Package
Victim Impact Statement
Crime Victim Application
Affidavit of Loss
17. Restitution
If the Judge orders restitution in a case, you may wish to view additional information at this link:
Information Links

Victim Services

Hot Check